COMCAST and AMAZON Announce Partnership To Launch Prime Video On XFINITY X1 Later This Year
Customers Will Enjoy Easy Online Access to Prime Originals Including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Goliath Integrated With Live TV, On Demand, and DVR Services
PHILADELPHIA, PA and SEATTLE, WA – August 2, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon announced today an agreement to launch Prime Video on Comcast’s Xfinity X1, giving Xfinity TV customers easy access to thousands of additional premium shows and movies over the internet and marking the first time Amazon Prime Video content would be integrated on an MVPD platform in the US. Xfinity TV customers will be able to enjoy exclusive and award-winning Prime Originals like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Goliath, as well as live events and TV, titles available to rent or buy, or to watch with a Prime Video Channels subscription. Customers can search Prime Video content using Comcast’s award-winning X1 Voice Remote, as well as enjoy shows and movies available in 4K Ultra HD and HDR.
“Amazon Prime Video’s growing list of originals, movies, shows, documentaries, and kids’ programming will be an excellent complement to the overall X1 viewing experience,” said Dana Strong, President of Consumer Services, Comcast. “We want to give customers easy access to all their favorite content in one place. X1 continues to be a platform that can curate live TV, On Demand movies and shows, and streaming internet video and music titles into one, easy-to-use, seamless experience.”
“Prime Video is dedicated to making your favorite shows and movies effortless to watch. The addition of the Prime Video app to X1 will make navigating between Prime Video and live TV easier than ever,” said Greg Hart, Vice President of Amazon Prime Video. “We are excited for our Prime members to seamlessly find the shows and movies they love.”
Once Amazon Prime Video is launched on X1, customers will be able to:
- Find Prime Originals like Goliath and Sneaky Pete right alongside titles like BBC’s Killing Eve, NBC’s Shades of Blue and Showtime’s The Affair when searching for “crime dramas.”
- Access Prime Video’s growing library of 4K HDR content with a compatible X1 set-top box.
- Catch up on current hits like Mr. Robot and American Horror Story with all prior seasons from Prime Video.
- Watch recent hits like Suits, The Americans, Downton Abbey, and The Good Wife or complete seasons of classics like Friday Night Lights and Dawson’s Creek – all available on Prime Video.
- Access titles for rental or purchase and add on a selection of over 160 Prime Video Channels, including Showtime and STARZ.
- Launch Prime Video content, by saying “Amazon Prime Video” into the X1 Voice Remote, or by opening it directly from the X1 apps menu.
The Amazon Prime Video app is expected to launch on X1 later this year. The Emmy-award winning X1 platform is now in a majority of Xfinity customers’ homes. For more information about X1, customers can visit www.xfinity.com/X1.
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation’s largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the XFINITY brand. NBCUniversal operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers an unmatched collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published contentavailable in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 160+ channels like SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV shows, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.