New Jersey’s best and brightest are lured away every year. The Tech Council is committed to stopping the exodus and keeping our highly educated technology workforce in the state and region. We want students to attend our universities and launch their careers in our great state. In turn, the NJ Tech Council Educational Foundation brings business and academia together to foster collaborative relationships through teacher visits to member companies, as well as for student internships, and mentoring.
For additional information, please contact the Tech Council via email or at (732) 456-5700.
Tech Council Education Network
The Council’s Education Network provides information on various organizations and partnerships that are active in educational development of the technology industries. The Network also offers programs where Summer Intern, Researchers and Graduate and PhD students are able presentation on their research.
Interns and Co-ops
If your company hasn’t hired interns or co-ops in the past, here are five tips to make the program a success for your company and for the students.
- Provide an accurate description of the and the kind of student you think will best fit the position. Don’t forget to ask for details about any requirements the school has for hiring an intern or co-op student, such as number of hours, student evaluation, etc.
- Identify one supervisor who can tell the intern what to do while serving as a resource person to help the intern perform. It is very helpful to the student when the supervisor can also be a mentor.
- Understand that the more on-the-job-training the company provides, the more the company is able to use the internship to evaluate whether the student should ultimately be hired as a permanent employee. This is often called “try before you buy”.
- Use the student’s knowledge and creativity. Remember, the student brings contemporary insights and can provide a fresh perspective on the position in particular and on company operations in general.
- Maintain good communications between the contact person at the college and the company. In turn, your company will build a reputation as a good place for interns to work, and that college or university can become a pipeline for future employees.
For more information, please contact NJ Tech Council at (732) 456-5700.
Links to Colleges and Universities
- Atlantic Cape Community College
- Bergen Community College
- Berkeley College
- Burlington County Institute of Technology
- Camden County College
- Centenary College
- County College of Morris
- DeVry University
- Drexel University
- Essex County College
- Eastern International College
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Hudson County Community College
- Kean University
- Mercer County Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- Monmouth University
- Montclair State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New York Institute of Technology
- Peirce College
- Princeton University
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University, Camden
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- Rutgers University, Newark
- Seton Hall University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- St. Peters University
- Temple University
- The College of New Jersey
- Thomas Edison State University
- The Richard Stockton University
- University of Pennsylvania
Array (  => Alex Dundara - WithumSmith+Brown, PC  => Alissa Cadigan - RSM US  => Alon Cohen - Phone.com  => Anthony DeGraw - Domain Domain Services  => Ashley Sarohkian - Capital One  => Ashwin Lakhraj - Investors Bank  => Ashwin Rao - Collabera  => Badri Nittoor - eureQa  => Beena Sukumaran - Rowan University  => Bin Guan - Yorktel  => Blake Goodman - JLL  => Blake Roberts - BDO  => Bret Morgan - CoWerking  => Cheryl Michael - CentralReach  => Christina Giglio - Robert Half  => Clark Smith - New Jersey Economic Development  => Durga Mikkilineni - Eventdex  => Gregg Chottiner - NJIT  => Hitesh Ramani - Deloitte  => James Mahoney - Spruce  => Jason Oliver - BakerHostetler  => Jennifer Lee - Edison Partners  => John Genovese - Pivotal Labs  => Jorge Beltran - Verizon  => Joshua Goldberg - Nath, Goldberg and Meyer  => Kevin Askew - TechXtend  => Kevin Richards - Princeton Identity  => Kris Subramaniam - Optima Global Solutions  => Kristen Whelan - ADP  => Leah Dell'Aquila - Mission50  => Marc McCabe - Crystal & Company  => Matt De Jesus - Flexential  => Michael Dietze - TierPoint  => Michael Galkin - VoiceNext  => Michelle Capezza - Epstein Becker & Green  => Mike Funk - TenFour  => Mike Profit - WorkWave  => Moreen Beshara - EY  => Parag Pruthi - Niksun  => Pavita Howe - Rutgers University  => Phil Antoon - Alvarez & Marsal  => Phil Kennard - Futurestay  => Phil Romero - Grant Thornton  => Richard Cleaveland - Eisner Amper  => Rob Zingaro - PNC  => Satyen Harve - Globant  => Scott Cowan - DLA Piper  => Steven Malen - Integrative Care Alliance  => Tim Dluoik - KPMG  => Timur Pakay - FDU  => Tor Alden - HS Design  => Vijay Aluwalia - Edward Jones  => William Carey - Deloitte )